Friday, October 10, 2014

Pictograph: Game Genre Icons

These pictographs are all game genre related. In this blog post, I will go over what I did to make these icons.

Although limited to 4 colors, these icons represent their genres well.

Like with all good design pieces, everything starts with brainstorming. I drew 30 ideas I can use in my sketchbook. Out of those, I chose 16. From there, I went on Illustrator and began drawing the items with the pen tool. Afterwards I chose a background I wanted my icons on. I wanted something simple so I went with a blunt rectangle. Then I chose 4 colors to further unite my images.


Out of the 16 I did, I chose 12. It is all about quality, not quantity. Do extra ones and see how they look and then pick out the ones you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment